This recipe was inspired by Mark, one of our classmates. Crunchy, sweet, and amazing with yogurt or all by itself (The granola that is…not Mark)! Hehe. 🙂
– 4 cups oats
– 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup maple syrup (a must!)
– 1 cup pecans, chopped
– 1 cup cinnamon almonds, chopped
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– handful of raisins
– handful of dried coconut
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Mix the melted coconut oil with the honey and maple syrup and pour over.
2. Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, flip, and check every 5 minutes until golden brown.
3. Cool until crisp. Break up with a spatula, and store in an airtight container.