With our cardiology final exam coming up this week, we decided to take a break from studying to cook up these spicy, oh-so-creamy enchiladas! Not exactly the most heart-healthy food, but everything in moderation, right? Plus, YOLO. 😉 We decided to make two different batches and experiment with a lower-calorie version that substitutes nonfat Greek yogurt for cream cheese in the sauce. We were pleasantly surprised to find that they tasted exactly the same! So go Greek!
Ingredients for one batch (recipe is modified from BevCooks):
– 1 1/2 lbs poached chicken breast, shredded (we added 1 tbsp each of chili powder, garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp of salt to the poaching water for flavor)
– 2 or 3 (depending on how saucy you wanna get) 10oz cans green enchilada sauce
– 8 oz nonfat Greek yogurt (or softened cream cheese if you’re going for the full fat version)
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup jarred jalapeños, chopped
– 2 tbsp juice from the jalapeño jar
– 1 cup cooked corn (we cut ours straight from the cob!)
– 1/2 cup cilantro, plus more for garnish
– 10 flour tortillas
– 2 cups pepper jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned and the cheese is melted and bubbly. We broiled ours at the end for a few minutes for some extra cheese-bubbling action. Rule #1 with broiling: DON’T WALK AWAY.
7. Garnish with cilantro and any of your favorite toppings (salsa, guacamole, etc). We also sprinkled some extra corn on top.