We didn’t want to be cliche and make the standard buffalo hot wings for the super bowl, so we decided to go with honey Sriracha wings! These sticky, zesty wings are baked to crispy perfection and finger lickin’ good! If you’re a fan of spicy, we promise you will go crazy over this glaze. Recipe is adapted from Damn Delicious.
Ingredients (serves 4):
– 2 lbs chicken wings
– 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp ground ginger
– salt and pepper, to taste
– chopped fresh cilantro (optional garnish)
– toasted sesame seeds (optional garnish)
– 5 tbsp coconut oil* This ended up being too much… try 3 tbsp!
– 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup Sriracha (we also mixed in some Vietnamese chili garlic sauce)
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– juice of 1 lime
– 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
2. To make the glaze, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour until lightly browned, which takes about a minute or two. Stir in honey, Sriracha, soy sauce, lime juice, and rice vinegar. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened. Ours seemed too oily at the top, so we had to skim some off so that the glaze would stick better to the wings.
3. In a large bowl, combine the wings, melted coconut oil, garlic powder, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4. Place onto a baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Next, drizzle the glaze over the wings, and broil for 3-4 minutes, until crispy.
5. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and/or chopped cilantro, if desired.